Monday, July 26, 2010

Am I Dreaming?...or not...

This past was laid back - which I really needed. Brandy and I decided to stay in and have some cocktails at her house. Little did she know that Matt & Kim were also on their way over for the evening on their way to Ste. Gen for the next day. Saturday I pushed myself to get the gym for a 9 a.m. Sculpt class which I'm glad I went too.

Derrick was playing golf with my Dad and brother in O'Fallon, which worked out perfectly because my mom and I needed pedicures and pool time! To be honest, I can't believe the boys even went golfing...it was a whopping 97 degrees! The boys eventually came up to the pool to hang with us! Afterwards, we all headed back to my parents' house and made homemade pizza for an appetizer for dinner (this was my first experience with this and it turned out well, my mom did a good job :)

Hanging out on the back deck after a day in the sun.

After returning back to St. Louis, Derrick did some yard work, I did some inside house work, and then we decided to go to see INCEPTION! If you haven't seen it, you must! This was the best movie I have seen in a long time. It really makes you think and question your dreams. Derrick was trying to figure out where we should go to dinner afterward. He said, "I've called everywhere trying to get reservations, but nothing is open on Sundays. I tried 1111 Mississippi and they said something about a sister restaurant but it had a weird name." I immediately looked at him and said, "Was it Vin de Set?" And he said, "That's it, how did you know?" (The above picture is of Derrick at Vin de Set.) So...we ended up going to Vin de Set in Lafayette Square. This was our first time and it was great. The weather was awesome so we sat on the roof top with a bottle of wine! Their food was delicious too. All I have to say is that the 'jumbo' crab cakes, were JUMBO! It was a great night with my fabulous husband of almost ONE year!

No comments: