Tuesday, September 22, 2009

*Always Wear Your Seatbelt*

This past Sunday, my brother Branden was in a really bad car accident. He broke 11 bones, and partially punctured one of his lungs. Thankfully, he is doing okay, but in a lot of pain and he is home now. After work today, Derrick and I went out to my parents' house to see Branden, and have some dinner. It's so weird seeing my brother in that much pain, of course, he has some nice drugs to assist him, but still.

How to happened: My brother went to Springfield, MO for the weekend. Early Sunday afternoon, Branden, his girlfriend Nhi, and another girl (who was driving) were headed back to STL. Around 1 p.m., my brother was sleeping in the back seat and woke up to the car going all over the road. The driver lost complete control of the car; they went into a ditch after 360-ing through the highway. My brother and Nhi didn't have their seatbelts on. As they were spinning, my brother said he could tell Nhi didn't have her seatbelt on, reached his arms around her and the front seat to keep her from going through the windshield. Nhi broke one foot, and sprained the other, while also hitting her head on the windshield. When the car landed in the ditch, my brother had to kick the door completely open, ran up the hill for help.

Thankfully, my brother will have a good recovery and will be able to get back to his baseball scholarship at Lindenwood. However, let this be a lesson to all to always, always, always wear your seatbelt to matter what the situation is. Take the extra TWO seconds to put on your seatbelt, because as everyone knows, it can, and will save your life.

I cannot even tell you how happy and relieved I am that my little brother is okay ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so scary. I'm glad he is ok!