Monday, August 23, 2010

Lasik surgery, a success!

I have made it through! On Friday, I had the Lasik procedure done and it was amazing! I went for my 2nd post-op today and my vision is 15/20. It is such a relief to no longer have to take my contacts out before bed, and put them in, in the morning.

The doctor I went through is Dr. Wexler. He was wonderful, along with his staff as well. From the second I stepped in to their office (a couple weeks ago...it's a long process of appointments, etc.) I felt comfortable. I would recommend Dr. Wexler to anyone. One of Derrick's friends from high school who is an eye doctor also recommended Dr. Wexler to me, so that was another 'pro' of Dr. Wexler too. My mom ended up taking me to my appointment (you must have a driver!)

The procedure: I was a little nervous the morning of the surgery. However, I had talked with numerous people so I knew I was prepared for what would happen, and what wouldn't. My eyes were completely numb and really, I couldn't feel a thing! It was so cool to watch the little tools he was using. There was music in the background, Dr. Wexler and the nurses were talking to me, so it really was one of the coolest experiences of my life this far. Since they don't give you any meds beforehand, you are completely awake and living in the moment, while your eye vision is changing to be almost perfect. Each eye only took about 3 minutes! Can you believe that?!

They did give me a 'volume' to take directly after the surgery. My mom drove me home, where Derrick was waiting for me (he took the day off too!) The three of us had lunch together (I was craving french fries, hadn't had them in a long time!!) and then I was getting sleepy thanks to the meds and went down to the basement for a nice 3-hour nap! I woke up and felt wonderful. And, my vision was perfect. I couldn't believe it, and still can't.

Now, for the next couple days, all I have to do is apply drops and I am good to go!

No comments: