Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Turning 25.

Having a birthday is always fun. Usually, you get to do whatever you want (and no one can argue) I can splurge on something materialistic without justifying it to my husband (ha ha) and ever since the social media craze, everyone writes on your facebook wall.

My day started with work. I baked coconut creme cupcakes (not the low-calorie kind either!) for everyone, since we have our staff meetings on Monday mornings. Well, I wasn't the only one to bring something in because the ladies remembered it was my birthday and brought in a cake and chocolates. To say the least, we had plenty of sweets, and they sang to me...twice!

After work, Derrick and I headed to Schlafly Bottleworks with Julie, Eric, and Jason and met Lo, Jenna, Eric, Maria, Brian, Sami, and her boyfriend. I LOVE their menu, and their beer. My friends, really, know me to well. Julie gave me a GC to Yo My Goodness in Webster Groves, and a 'Leaves' scented candle from Bath and Body Works (they are the BEST candles ever) and Lo gave me super fun bangles, and another candle, and Maria gave me a Starbucks GC!!!
I did treat myself to a new pair of boots that I love. Now that's it's October, I give myself permission to wear them. Overall, I had a great birthday. It's crazy to think I am 25. Feels pretty good!

No comments: