Sunday, October 3, 2010

13.1

I ran in my first half marathon this weekend and I must say...I am very proud of myself. Besides, the thousands of people running next to me, I ran the entire race by myself. I trained with my friend Nicole on the weekends for our long runs, but really, she is much faster than me at 8:30 miles. My time was 2:05. My goal was 2:10, so again, I am really happy with it. Another goal, was to not walk at all, which I accomplished. I took a risk listening to Pandora, thankfully all of my songs were awesome and motivating! Thank goodness for free radio!

Overall, the race was smooth sailing, except for miles 10 & 11. I could have stopped at anytime but didn't. What's the point of training for so long if you're going to walk?!
Below is myself, Nicole, and Nicole's dad!

I wanted to run my first half marathon before turning '25.' I'm in luck, tomorrow is my birthday!

Derrick and Beetle met me at the finish line. However, when I was running towards the finish line, I looked over and saw Julie standing there, I got a little teary-eyed, not knowing she was going to be there! So nice and so surprising.

We spend the rest of the day at my parent's house celebrating 29 years of marriage for my parents, my birthday, and the Steeler game. (So glad football season is back!) I, on the other hand, felt nauseous and a little sick for the rest of the day. By dinner time, I was starving, so the huz took me out to dinner on our way home. I devoured a filet and sweet potato.

I am proud to say that I am going into '25' tomorrow the healthiest I've ever been, and the most in shape I have ever been. I feel great, live a wonderful life, and can't wait to see what this next year will bring.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Congrats! Awesome job and what a great accomplishment! Happy Birthday! :)