Monday, September 20, 2010

A True St. Louisian Weekend

The title says it all. Really.

My company was a sponsor at the Great Forest Park Balloon Race this past weekend. We had a booth set-up Friday and went strong until the end of the day Saturday! We blew up over 2,500 latex balloons, helped tether the hot air balloon all while trying to stand the mid west heat.
It was so awesome to be apart of the balloon crew. That means that we help get the balloon off the ground. We held onto the basket until the moment it went off the grass.
Mike got to ride in the balloon with the captain. While he was in the sky he was reporting and twittering while also having a GPS locator on him so people could follow our balloon progress online. The Forest Park Balloon Race is a traditional event for so many within the St. Louis area, and also people who also live out of the St. Louis region. It was estimated that there were over 150,000 people in Forest Park for the 2010 Balloon Race.
After a very long weekend of working, on Sunday I headed to the Cardinals game with my mom. She had all inclusive tickets through her company. It was fun, but I was so exhausted. However, earlier in the day I did get a nice surprise email from my boss, saying that we were all taking the day off.

While my mom and I were at the Cardinals game, my brother and Dad were in Tennessee (on a whim) at the Steeler game! I am so ready for football season...chili, buffalo chicken dip, and beer!Since I have had a nice Monday off, I have gotten a lot done. I started with an 8-mile run on the trail early to get a good start to the day, treated my Jeep to a nice specialty cleaning :) and did lots and lots of grocery shopping! In a bit I am going to start a fabulouso dinner, and watch some TV tonight!

Have a great everyone!

No comments: