Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What Have I Been Up To?

A lot. To say the least.

I looked at my blog and couldn't believe I haven't blogged in one month. And then I realized that I didn't even blog about Christmas or NYE, besides my new camera post. I even had the entire week between the two off.

2011 so far, has been really good to both Derrick and I. From dinners with friends and trying to get back to the groove of things, this month has flown. Now normally, I don't blog about work, but there is one teeny tiny detail I must share. This teeny tiny detail has kept us all busy the first 2 weeks of January. Thank god all of us women love to work under pressure :) It was confirmed that we were all going to the Sundance Film Festival! We assisted in promoting one of the films there, along with some photographs that were featured in the film. Not only was this a work trip, but this also felt like a vacation.

Who wouldn't want to go to Park City, Utah to shop, see random celebrities walking up and down Main Street, shop some more, and do really fun things? In a later post, I will post a few of the many pictures I took!

Now, that's where I was for 6 days. Derrick on the other hand was in warm and sunny Cancun, Mexico. MEXICO? Yes, Mexico...without me. One on our great friends, Tyler invited him to join him for the Northwestern Mutual company trip. This worked out perfect for Derrick. Derrick did his internship there four years ago, so he knew everyone, and we are a client of Tyler's as well. He had a total of three days of relaxation and fun. It worked out perfectly that we were both out of town at the same time. We did miss each other, but we are both happy to be home.

New Year's Resolutions - to have them, to not have them?

I've never been a big resolutions person. Setting new year's resolutions have so much to live up too. And, why can't we start a new hobby or change in lifestyle in April or July? I did set some new goals for myself this year.

1. Read more often. At night, I always want to read, but by the time I finally get into bed, I am really to do just that. Sleep. Or I have this person next to me who wants to talk about what's on the history channel, or what happened in the world that day, OR a little doggie who wants me to pet her.

2. Stop going to Starbucks everyday/cut down on my caffeine. Surprisingly, this HAS happened. I only go 1-2 times per week. Thankfully, I am not a soda drinker, EVER. Soda is gross, I don't care what anyone says. However, drinking one to two cups of coffee at work each day is a little obsessive. I whiched to hot/cold tea, which works for me.

3. Photography. This has not happened yet. Classes are on Saturdays and I have had plans every single time there is a class. I will get to this!

4. Start Recycling. I'm almost embarrassed to even put this on here. I feel as if I am the last person in the world who doesn't recycle. I just need to go buy a couple trash cans. Sooner, rather than later.

Thankfully, I do not have a resolution to 'workout' more or become a January joiner at the gym. I've got that area covered. However, I do want to keep to 2 classes a week (besides my 4-5 times a week cardio.) Finally, I have found an instructor at my gym who rocks! He has the best classes, and he is HARD.

What are your resolutions/plans for 2011?

No comments: